Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So Much Sadness

On Saturday I went to a funeral and watched as they buried a 44 year old mother of 4 who died in a car accident. Now on Friday I have to go and watch as they bury a 33 year old father to 4 small children.  In exactly a weeks time these 8 children each lost a parent.  I just can't imagine that kind of pain.  Thank you Lord that I still have both of my parents.


How would I explain to our children that their daddy wasn't ever coming home?  How do you make small kids understand that Daddy is happy with Jesus now when all they want is Daddy to read them a story and tuck them in?  How do you keep the memories alive for them as their young memories begin to fade?  I hope I never have to figure out the answers to these questions.


All of this sadness happening to people that I know is really putting into perspective my stresses with my children.  Even though our kids often make us want to pull our hair out we know we are so very blessed just to have these boys and it's a gift that we are both here to love them.  I am so thankful that I can kiss them and tell them that I love them and pray that God will allow me to stay here and do so for a very long time.

No comments: