Friday, June 29, 2012

Cade: Our Little Hero

In the last couple weeks, Cade has saved Mace's life at least twice.  The first time Mitch had taken the boys upstairs while I was cooking dinner.  After a little while I heard the door open at the top of the stairs.  I thought it was Mitch so I told him that supper would be ready in a couple minutes so he could go get all the boys.  After a couple minutes I was hearing a lot of grunting and noises coming from Cade so I went to the bottom of the stairs and checked out the commotion.  What I saw made me sprint up the stairs as fast as I could.  Cade was on his knees at the top of the stairs holding Mace's shorts as Mace was hanging over the top step.  You could see Mace's little bottom so I knew Cade had a good grip on Mace while he was trying to wiggle his way free to get down the stairs.  Cade is the one who opened the door but then realized Mace was going to fall down the stairs and had to stop him from doing that.


Then today after lunch the boys got down and I put Mace in the living room while I went back to the kitchen to make his bottle.  I heard a lot of screaming from him about 30 seconds later.  He had made his way quickly back to the kitchen and was under the counter where they had eaten lunch.  I think he has realized that they are all giant pigs when they eat and there are always a plethora of crumbs to choose from after meals.  I generally can't keep him away more than a tenth of a second in order to get the floor clean so I'm usually sweeping around him.  During all the screaming, I saw that Cade was grabbing at Mace's mouth yelling "out!!".  I got down on the floor with them to try and figure out what was going on and saw that Mace had gotten a giant chunk of apple off the floor and had shoved it into his mouth.  Cade knew he shouldn't be eating it and was trying to get it out of his mouth.  I'm so glad that Cade loves his little brother so much and is always looking out for him.


3 comments:

Heath said...

That's awesome! What cool kids!

Kristen said...

Wow! Way to go Cade! :)

Shantel said...

Scary! Way to go Cade - good job watching out for your little brother.