Friday, June 29, 2012

Brotherly Love

I must be dumb.  I never knew the boys would start fighting this early.  In my head, I thought they wouldn't start fighting until they were about 10 & 8.  Boy was I wrong.  There is fighting between Drew & Cade all the time now.  They fight over toys, or who gets food first, or who gets to sit where if they are watching a movie, if someone is making too much noise in the van.  It's crazy.  

This week has been a really good week though.  Drew has been the best big brother.  He has spent his days explaining things to his younger brothers and coming up with games for them.  He has volunteered to keep Mace out of the kitchen while I load the dishwasher and has asked what he can do to help me clean.  I've heard him talking in the sweetest voice to Mace that just melts your heart.

Yesterday Drew and Mace played forever in the "top bunk".  They took the cushions off the loveseat and pretended it was Drew's top bunk and the floor where they put the cushions was Cade's bottom bed.  Mace loved getting to play with his big brother.


This morning, Cade wanted to play with the V.Reader.  He's not very good yet at doing it by himself so Drew got it out and played it with him.  He was explaining everything, teaching Cade what he needs to do in order to work it.  They were so cute holed up in the couch watching a story together.


It's so nice when there's a break from the fighting.  I know that it is just going to get worse as they get older so I really love the quiet moments when everyone is getting along and life is as it should be.


No comments: