Thursday, August 14, 2008

Drew is now all done at Grandma Smith's for the summer. It was sad to pick him up on Tuesday knowing that the next time I have to pick him up, it will be from a stranger. Do you know how hard it is to find part-time daycare? All the centers I called said that they don't take part-time infants. They were kind enough to tell me that they would take him just 2.5 days if I paid the full time rate though. I was about ready to pay the ridiculous $195 per week when I found someone who said she would take him until I could find someone else. She's pretty out of my way, but I have no other choice so it'll work for now. I was OK with working knowing my mom as taking care of him, but I'm having a very hard time with the thought of a stranger watching him. Hopefully it all works out OK.

I worked Monday and Tuesday this week (since Mom started school on Wednesday) and then I have all of next week off. Drew and I are planning on having lots of fun with our time together. We're going to Omaha next Thursday night for a small family vacation. Mitch and I usually take awesome vacations every summer. We weren't going to do anything this year since we had Drew and need to save money to build our new house. As we went through the summer, we realized it stinks to not take time off and go anywher so we decided to take a long weekend somewhere close. All we have planned so far is shopping for our new house and a trip to the zoo. Our hotel has a nice pool so Drew's going to have lots of swimming time too. We're looking forward to some time away.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We'll be thinking about you with Drew's new sitter! How hard that'll be!

Have an awesome time in Omaha! What a great vacation!