Wednesday, June 04, 2008

4 Month Check Up

This morning was Drew's 4 month appointment (even though he's about 4.5 months now). The nurse couldn't get over how long his legs and toes were. He's still very tall - 27 inches which puts him in the 95th percentile. He hasn't gained as much weight lately and fell to the 85th percentile (I think...that's what the nurse told us and wrote down but the doctor said 75th) at 17 pounds 3 ounces. The doctor said he is doing great and her only concern is for us because he's so active right now and there's so much more to come. She said that as soon as he figures his arms out we better watch out. We have already figured this out since he flips onto his tummy and then "crawls" about four feet before you even know what's going on. I don't call it true crawling since he doesn't pick up his upper body. He just gets up on his knees or toes and pushes himself forward while keeping his face and upper body on the floor. It really doesn't look comfortable at all!! He should be pretty happy when he can learn to move without all the discomfort. She also got to witness how he hates to just sit. It's just constantly up and down. When we told her how he loves his cereal she told us to start fruits and veggies with him now. I am planning on making my own baby food so we stopped at the store on the way home to pick up some things. I'm hoping to get started this afternoon and am super excited to be able to stock my freezer with good food for him. I like knowing what's going into his tummy and knowing that I'm saving so much money doing it. We'll see how it works out.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

keep us posted on how the veggies & fruit go!! I'm planning on making Ainsley's food, too, when we get to that time, so if you figure out any short cuts or tips, please pass them along.

I'm so glad he's healthy! I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them together!

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

Erica makes all of Reed's food too - if you need any pointers...

He sounds like he is all boy! Kaeden is that way too - he still doesn't stop moving! I cannot believe Drew is practically crawling at 4 months! That is crazy! Little stinker! You are going to have your hands full.