Sunday, May 31, 2009

We Got Our Van

Yesterday was the longest day EVER. We left our house at nine to head to Waterloo to look at vans. We did not get back to my parents house to pick up Drew until about 7:20. The whole process took forever and we only went to two places. Once we finally made a decision - which was so incredibly stressful - it was another three hours before we were able to leave. We had to wait so long for a business manager...the one you meet at the end to sign all the paperwork. The whole time we were waiting we had to sit with our salesman and listen to his endless stories. I was so burnt out by that point that I kept spacing out. I didn't care about all of his stories. I really just wanted to go sit by myself in silence. I wanted so badly to tell him he could leave us and go try and sell more cars but I figured he wouldn't take me seriously or wouldn't do it. It's probably bad form to leave your customers.

So, we ended up with a van that we hadn't even looked at before nor had we read any of the reviews on. We had to call people to look stuff up for us quick so we could make sure it was safe and reliable. We ended up with a Quest and are so happy with our choice. Now we can make our trips to Dallas and Myrtle Beach in a little more comfort.

3 comments:

Shantel said...

I'm glad to hear you got one! I'm definitely not looking forward to the next time we have to vehicle shop. It is such a dreadful process!

The O's said...

Is that a Nissan? Nissan Quest, right? I really, really like those! I'm really stupid when it comes to vehicles so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, we have a Nissan Pathfinder right now and will surely be trading it in very soon for a minivan of some sort. Kinda makes me sad, I love my Pathfinder but we have ZERO space in it and really are in need of a van. Please keep us updated as to how you're liking the van!! =)

Kristen said...

Yea!