Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My little man is getting so old and capable. It's so great to watch him grow every day. We are constantly amazed at the new things he can do. He loves reading books which is so great to see. He either sits and reads to himself or grabs a book and climbs up onto one of our lap's wanting us to read to him. He's also started to be able to copy things that we are doing. It's so nice that he can finally understand some things that we are saying. Today I wrapped a couple more presents and then gave Drew one of them and asked him to carry it over to the tree. He brought it right over to me without tearing into it. I was very impressed. At the other end of the emotional spectrum I feel like I spend most of my day telling Drew "no". Really it's more like "no, no, NO"!!!! He is wanting to constantly explore which keeps getting him into trouble. We know that he understands some of the differences between right and wrong. When he is doing something that he knows is a bad idea you can see him looking around to see if anyone is watching. He understands that if he gets caught, the fun is over. I think he's really going to test me in the next few years.

1 comment:

amanda said...

I miss my Drew! He is growing up way too fast. I need to get a Drew fix